Scality has announced new investments in its product line that make it even easier for Veeam® customers to advance cyber resilience and ransomware protection via a new hardware appliance deployment model for Veeam, the leader in data protection and ransomware recovery.
A new channel-friendly hardware appliance will be available in the US by the end of November 2023 (and in other regions in January 2024). This extends deployment options for Scality ARTESCA beyond existing software and virtual appliance offerings. Available in three sizes (single- to 3-node configurations) ranging from 96 to 648 TB in storage capacity, the appliance offers customers an ultra-simple and efficient deployment experience with easy installation and improved performance.
Next-gen Scality ARTESCA revenue grows by 350% at the end of Q3 2023
Since its launch in 2021 and the 2.0 announcement this past May, ARTESCA has maintained a consistent growth trajectory. The momentum continues with what’s shaping up to be a record year.
ARTESCA is channel-friendly
The new hardware appliance provides a rapid “plug-and-play” deployment model for Veeam that is ideal for a high-velocity channel. Veeam and Scality resellers now have the opportunity to give customers:
• Flexible deployment options: With the addition of a hardware appliance to existing software and virtual appliance offerings, Scality now provides a variety of deployment options to fit any customer need.
• Fast and secure deployment: ARTESCA is the easiest immutable storage solution to get up and running quickly to protect large-scale unstructured data.
The hardware appliance is built, optimised and tested by a leading systems integrator and sold through certified distribution and VAR channels, giving partners an easy way to sell and deploy ARTESCA to a wider range of accounts.
Scality ARTESCA hardware appliance offers maximum cyber resilience for Veeam customers
The hardware appliance includes continued enhancements to ARTESCA software and a hardened operating system to provide customers with the most secure, immutable storage for Veeam in an easy-to-deploy solution.
Enhanced cyber-resiliency features in the new ARTESCA hardware appliance include:
• Secure user access: Improved multi-factor authentication
• Tighter OS/root access protections: Limited user privilege rights and increased root access protections with the introduction of a new ARTESCA-OS user profile
• Improved compliance standards: Hardened Linux with Rocky Linux 8, compliant with CIS (Center for Internet Security) policy Level 2
• Risk mitigation with reduced software updates: Tightened protections for installation with a preconfigured ARTESCA OS to reduce the number of required updates